Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Starting Church Renovations

Sheetrock is Up in the Sanctuary!!


The sheetrock arrived and by day's end on Friday the ceiling was complete and the walls had sheetrock taped and floated. We spent all day Saturday picking out carpet, light fixtures, faucets, doors, paint, and the list goes on. I was barely moving by the time we got back home.

The Men's restroom side, floor damage



The sheetrock arrives




The Ceiling is Done

Sheetrock on the walls








The Renovations Have Started


I promised that I would try to keep this updated so here goes. I have just a few pictures of where we started and what is going on right now. We have started ripping out carpet, all of the pews have been moved and the old Sunday School rooms have been cleaned out. Sheetrock in the ceiling is supposed to start tomorrow. YEAH!!!!





The Foyer Before





The Sanctuary Before












The Men's Room Before












































The Ladies Room Before





















Carpet is coming up!!

















Well, Glory Halleujah the 70's burnt orange is on it's way out!!!!






Yes, it's true we are about to undergo a major renovation of our church sanctuary and the burnt orange will be history. I hope to post pictures of the "before" soon. We are so excited that God has made a way for this renovation to happen. I am sincerely praying for God to give us wisdom in every decision as we work toward making the sancturary of 1ST Pentecostal Church of San Augustine a warm and welcoming place.



















This is the color of our pews right now. As you can seen we need a major upgrade.

2 comments:

  1. Bro. Holt & I are so happy that God has made a way for this to happen. We can't wait to see the end results. I know it wil be beautiful too. God is ever so faithful to His people. God is so good to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Please pray for us; we have lots of big decisions to make. You should see us in the fellowship hall having chruch. All of our pews are crammed in there. I will have to post a picture.

    ReplyDelete